by Vampire Renee:
Secret Circle Recap: “Curse”
Original Air Date (The CW): March 15, 2012
Season 1 Episode 16
Overview: John Blackwell searches for a device that will drain a witch’s power. Meanwhile, Faye is surprised when she meets a girl who claims to be Lee’s girlfriend; and Melissa encourages Diana to date a normal guy.
Favorite Quote: “For the Blakes and the Conants, ‘written in the stars’ isn’t just destiny – it’s a curse.” –John
- Faye and Dawn’s conversation about acting, pretending and dates – also that John is back.
- Meeting in the coffee house about John and Adam asking Cassie to the casino night.
- Adam helping Cassie find out what John was looking for in the abandoned house, and finding out that it’s a sway that can take away a witch’s power.
- Melissa getting insightful about everything after the overdose.
- Mysterious Grant showing up at the casino night to hit on Diana.
- Ethan telling Adam that not to let the past affect his and Cassie’s relationship.
- Lee showing up to apologize for lying to Faye, and a kiss makes it all disappear.
- Cassie and Adam making up, and the cute moment when the tray got in the way of the kiss part of the make-up.
- The use of magic to win at poker – pretty sure Lee was helping…erm lucky charm.
- Melissa giving Jake some advice about love, and obsession with Cassie.
- Matching stuffed monkeys from Grant to Diana – really an Australian thing?
- Diana kissing Grant – looks like the wild girl is kind of back.
- John trying to protect Cassie, and the Circle by making a deal with Ethan about the whole thing.
- Adam telling Cassie that he loves her.
- Cassie and John talking about the evils of black magic and that it should not be used.
- Lee acting like he just did what he had to do and was ever faithful, even when Faye shows up, then still can’t admit that Eva’s not really dead.
- John telling that the sway only temporally transfer a witch’s power to a mortal.
- Busted – Faye meeting Eva and finding out that Lee’s been lying to her the whole time, and still continues like second nature.
- Cassie and Adam fighting about who might be the one that is working with the witch hunters, and Cassie runs to Jake.
- Jake making a phone call – what does he have to say about Cassie?
- Dawn and John’s talking in the hallway – was the pinning and flirting necessary and why the need to find Ethan
- Eva showing up at the casino night and found Lee and Faye together flirting and make Faye feel like the rebound or phase
- Discovering that Ethan was the one that stabbed John in the parking lot
- Lee’s ummm dead? What did Eva do? What kind of power does she have?
- Random Grant and his knowledge on champagne and just always popping out of nowhere.
- Eva staying she came back from the dead – wait, what?
- All the birds/crows at the end.
Next Episode: March 22nd–2012 (Curse)Love The Secret Circle? Come join the discussion in our Secret Circle Group on DarkMediaCity, a free social network for those who like it Dark. Whether it be literature or film, music or art, horror or sci-fi, paranormal romance or paranormal investigation, we’ve got something for you. www.DarkMediaCity.com