Knott’s Scary Farm kicked off the most wonderful time of the year with their announcement event and we were there to get all of the ghoulightful details.
Here’s what we knew before the event started:
On select nights from September 21st to October 31st, Knott’s will transform after dark to scare the willing masses with nine mazes, four scare zones, two stage shows (including Elvira’s final stage show at Knott’s), 1,000 monsters lurking in the fog and a heap of rides that are sure to thrill.
Here is what we learned:
- The three new mazes for the 2017 season are: Dark Ride, Pumpkin Eater and Trick or Treat: Light’s Out (we will cover the new mazes in a separate article so stay tuned!).
- The six returning mazes, all with new additions and revamped scares are: Voodoo: Order of the Serpent, Tooth Fairy, Special Ops Infected, Shadowlands, The Red Barn, and Paranormal Inc: Case #13- The Haunting of Hayden Hill.
- The four scare zones within the park will be: The Hollow, CarnEVIL, Ghost Town Streets, and Fiesta de los Muertos.
- The Timber Mountain Log Ride is getting a family friendly Halloween overlay: Halloween Hootenanny, complete with a new song from Krazy Kirk and the Hillbillies. The ride will be running both during normal park hours and during Scary Farm.
- Elvira’s Fearwell show will be brand new and full of music, dance and laughs that are sure to make her final performance at Knott’s one for the record books.
- The Hanging is back at the Calico Mine Stage and this year’s show title is: The Hanging: Fake Noose. The show will tackle pop culture and all of the ridiculous happenings in the news with comedy galore.
Knott’s Scary Farm 2017 runs on select nights from September 21 – October 31. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased HERE.